The Brut Réserve from the Billecart-Salmon champagne house was elected «Best Brut in the World» by the famous publication ‘Decanter’.
The Billecart-Salmon Brut Réserve is a champagne which is round, harmonious and well-balanced.
The blend, the formula of which has remained unchanged since 1945, is made up of grapes from three different vintages and three varieties; Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier, all from the best terroirs of the Marne.
Strongly anchored in tradition, such as the use of barrels for the grand crus, Billecart-Salmon age their bottles in an extended network of caves cut out of the chalk hills, dating from the 17th and 19th century. The constant temperature – around 12°, enables a very fine effervescence to develop.
The Billicart-Salmon Brut Reserve offers a robe of gleaming straw yellow enhanced by the finesse of its gently rising bubbles and its persistent mousse.
The nose reveals good maturity coupled with a flowery freshness, and aromas of pear and blackberry.
The attack is frank and mouth filling, followed by freshness and a richness endowed by an ageing in traditional cellars.
- GRAPE VARIETIES : Pinot Meunier (40%) Chardonnay (30%)Pinot Noir (30%)
- TERROIRS : Montagne de Reims Vallée de la Marne
- NON VINTAGE
- OAK AGED : Aged in vats
- MALOLACTIC FERMENTATION : Undergone
- DOSAGE : Brut (between 6 and 12 gr/l)
- PAIRINGS : Ideal for aperitif
- SERVING TEMPÉRATURE : 8°C
- Bettane & Desseauve 16/20
- Gault & Millau 16.5 / 20
- Jancis Robinson 16.5 / 20
- Le Point 15 / 20
- Parker 87 / 100
- Revue du Vin de France 15.5 / 20
- Richard Juhlin 76 / 100
- Wine Spectator 89 / 100